Sunday, September 1, 2013

Weekly wrap-up

There is so little to wrap up, I almost didn't post.  I'll be mad later if I don't have a wrap-up, even on the not-so-stellar-weeks, so here I am!  Heel bursitis is still keeping me from training much.  I ran only 2 miles this week and biked 18.  I did a little upper body strength training too.  That's it.  *sigh*  My shoe bothers the heel (it doesn't hurt at all when I have no shoes or flip flops on) so I rode my bike in flip flops. 

It wasn't too hard to do, but I felt like I needed to be more cautious and go a bit slower.  

In an attempt to make myself feel better, I got a new Sparkletech skirt!  I love it!


 I would be much happier with it if I could actually RUN in it though.  I know, I'm complaining.  Sorry. I'm trying to stay positive, I don't actually have to start my half training until October, so that is a good thing.  It's just frustrating to have an injury that only hurts when something touches it.  My 2 miles was ok, but I can feel a burning when my heel pushes on the back of my shoe and I don't want to injure it more by pushing it.  I did try to run on the TM barefoot for a bit, but that is something you have to build up to as well and I could feel pulling in my achilles, which cannot possibly be good for the heel bursitis.  I don't want to irritate it more.

  I suspect this week will bring more cross training, although if I have to wear my shoes to the gym, I might as well try to run. 

The only other thing going on this week is that I'm all about twitter and following everyone in Disneyland this weekend!  It's been so much fun seeing all the photos and updates from Dumbo Double Dare.  It makes me excited for the Princess!  

 
 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry your heel is still giving you trouble. Make sure to use this time before training really starts to let it heal all the way so it won't give you trouble in training.

    I'm loving all the Disneyland updates too, even if they make me a little jealous! I'm keeping busy with costume planning for my winter races and icing my own heel. Mine doesn't hurt with my shoes, but it gets tweaky with activity (chasing my two year old up and down the slides at the empty playground Friday aggravated it somehow!)

    Biking is great cross training, even if you do it in flip flops or even bedroom slippers! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! I keep having this argument in my head about resting completely so I can train this fall but then that meaning that I lose ALL my stamina and have to basically start all over. I guess I worry that I won't even be able to run 3 miles if I rest with no running whatsoever for a few weeks.

      Not to mention I'm completely depressed and irritable without running! My family and friends put up with a LOT when I cannot run!

      Delete
  2. I can't get on the skirt-loving wagon just yet, but seriously I am in love with this skirt. It's perfect!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too...now I just need to be able to RUN so I can wear it! LOL

      Delete
  3. Noooo :( Tell your heel to stop hurting!! Hopefully it's 100% better by October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I'm hoping too...especially since it's going to be pretty cold wearing flip flops in the winter months! LOL

      Delete